Bad odor is a common condition associated with poor oral hygiene, tobacco consumption and dry mouth. Bad breath may also be a symptom of many underlying diseases such as diabetes, respiratory infections and gastrointestinal disorders.
Prevention of bad breath:
- Brush your teeth twice daily and use prescribed mouthwashes.
- Drink water frequently to avoid dry mouth.
- Do not forget to clean your tongue regularly.
- Chew sugar free gums after your meals to prevent bad odor.
- Schedule regular dental check up with your dentist and also visit your physician regularly.
- It is ideal to perform dental cleaning procedure once in 6 months.