Prevention of dental cavities:
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush twice daily using fluoridated toothpaste.
- Practice regular flossing to reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Reduce frequent snacking and rinse your mouth after every meal.
- Avoid eating sweet sticky foods, which stay for longer duration on your tooth surface.
- Sealants and periodic fluoride application by the dentist can reduce the risk of tooth decay significantly.
- Chew sugar free and xylitol based gums after your meals to prevent food lodgment.
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and professional cleaning.