When and why does a dentist advice you for dental implants?
As mentioned above, dental implants are used to restore the function of the missing teeth. There are several ways to replace a missing tooth which either can be removable or a fixed prosthesis. A dentist may advice you for an implant based on certain factors which are as follows:
1. Which is/are the missing tooth/teeth (location)?
2. Adequate bone quantity and quality around the missing tooth/teeth
3. Age of the patient (only after growth is complete)
4. Systemic health of the patient (determines the healing process)
5. Cost preference of the patient
6. Smoking habits (affects the healing and success of the treatment procedure)